domingo, 19 de octubre de 2014

AMERICAN PIE SONG AND STORY

WHAT IS THE STORY BEHIND "AMERICAN PIE" SONG?

FIRST, SOME EXERCISES ABOUT THE SONG
American Pie
Madonna

 




*      CROSS OUT THE EXTRA WORDS

A very long, long time ago
I can still today remember
How that lovely music used to make me smile
And I didn’t knew if I had my chance
I could make those people dance happily
And maybe they'd be happy for a short while

*      CROSS OUT WHAT’S WRONG

Did you WRITE/WROTE the book of love
And ARE/DO  you have faith in God above
If the BibleTELLS/TELL you so?
Now do you BELIEVE/BELIEVED  in rock and roll?
CAN’T/CAN  music save your mortal soul?
And can you teach me how to DANCING/DANCE  real slow?

*      ORDER THE LINES

'Cause I saw you dancin' in the gym  (      )
But I knew I was out of luck  (      )
I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck        (      )
Man, I dig those rhythm and blues  (      )
With a pink carnation and a pickup truck    (      )
The day the music died       (      )
Well, I know that you're in love with him    (      )
You both kicked off your shoes      (      )

*      FILL IN THE BLANKS

CHORUS
I ____________________________ (= BEGAN) singin’
Bye, bye Miss ____________________________  (= FROM THE USA) Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee
But the levee was ____________________________ (= NOT WET)
Them good ol' ____________________________  (= YOUNG MEN) were drinking whiskey and rye
Singin' this'll be the ____________________________  (= NOT NIGHT) that I die
This'll be the day that I ____________________________(= NOT LIVING)

*      WHERE ARE THE VERBS?

ASKED  SMILED  TURNED  WENT  HEARD  SAID MET

I ____________________________  a girl who sang the blues
And I ____________________________  her for some happy news
But she just ____________________________  and __________________________ away
Then I ____________________________  down to the sacred store
Where I’d ____________________________  the music years before
But the man there ____________________________  the music wouldn’t play

*      RHYMING WORDS
SPOKEN  GHOST  COAST  SCREAMED  BROKEN  DREAMED MOST

Well now in the streets the children ___________________________
The lovers cried and the poets ____________________________
But not a word was ____________________________
The church bells all were ____________________________
And the three men I admire ____________________________
The Father, Son, and the Holy ____________________________
They caught the last train for the ____________________________
The day the music died
We started singing


CHORUS



SEE THE STORY AND LISTEN TO THE ORIGINAL VERSION OF THIS CLASSIC




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario