martes, 27 de enero de 2015

FOOD IDIOMS

FOOD IDIOMS:
1. I thought I was just going to interview the secretary, but they let me talk to the big cheese himself.
2. Please tell me the bread and butter of your report. Don’t go into details.
3. Rick wants to be rich but he doesn’t want to work. He wants to have his cake and eat it too.
4. He had the ball, but he dropped it! What a butterfingers!
5. I thought I was afraid of flying, but I was cool as a cucumber all the way to England.
6. We invited the cream of the crop to entertain us at the Christmas party.
7. You're going to have to really use your noodle on this crossword puzzle. It's very difficult!
8. I'm nuts about classical music these days.
9. Your daughter is one smart cookie. She reads much higher than her grade level
10. Don’t worry! This test is piece of cake. I finished it in twenty minutes.
11. Fred will never ask Lucy for a date. He is a chicken.
12. I don't know beans about computers - I've never even used one.
13. He never phoned his mother. He was a bad egg.
14. She should get out more, she's turning into a real couch potato.
15. When Harry lost his job, he was really in the soup.
16. I'm looking for a job. I need to do something to bring home the bacon.
17. This contract is small potatoes, but it keeps us in business till we get into the real money.
18. He'll go bananas if she sees the room in this state.



1. Look at the sentences above and match the expressions in bold with their meaning:
a cowardly person 
to earn money to live
 easy, simple
 a lazy individual,
 addicted to television-watching.
somebody who often drops things 

an important influential person
а person who cannot be trusted

 use your brain
something or someone insignificant 

like a lot
the essential part of

 to be in serious trouble
want more than you need 

the best
 to become very angry
to know nothing about something

 very relaxed
a very intelligent person

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario